[CMake] Question about MSVC link-process

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 02:54:37 EDT 2008

> Von: "Ilya Shvetsov"
> > Are libA.lib targets built by cmake in the same solution?
> No. This is library from extranal engine.

The first thing which is obviously wrong is that you write 'foo.lib' instead of 'foo'. It pins the whole thing to msvc and I'm really gald that it works :)

Also you should not link directly to foo (when it's an external lib) - use FIND_LIBRARY(FOO_LIB foo) and then link to ${FOO_LIB} (TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(Example ${FOO_LIB}). This should enable dependency checking afaik.

HTH
Christian
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free