[CMake] FindBoost.cmake updated on the bugtracker

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sat Apr 5 14:13:14 EDT 2008

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 28.03.08 10:58:39, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> David Thulson wrote:
>>> It would be nice if this could get into 2.6.0.  Boost 1.35 is about to
>>> be released:
>>>
>>> http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2008/03/34896.php
>>>
>>> And it at least appears that the latest version in the bug tracker
>>> will look for 1.35.  Is that right?  The version included in the CMake
>>> 2.6.0 Beta does not recognize Boost 1.35.
>>>
>>> David Thulson
>>>
>> Is it backwards compatible with the current one?
>
> Does it have to be 100% backwards compatible to be accepted?

It would be a big plus.  I really hate to break peoples builds without a
good reason.  Both FindMPI and FindCurses had to be fixed for backwards
compatibility recently.  Is it not 100% compatible?  If not, can it be
made to be?  Does it:

1. find the same stuff it used to
2. have the same variables available
3. not switch from cache to non-cache on any variables.

If it had all of that, I would put it in right away.  If not, I am more
hesitant.

-Bill