[CMake] FOSDEM Talk on CMake is available

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Apr 3 18:21:17 EDT 2008

On 2008-04-03 23:13+0200 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Thursday 03 April 2008, you wrote:
>> On 2008-04-03 21:06+0200 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>> If you run pkg-config of the build host it will find the pkg-config files
>>> of the libs for the build host.
>>
>> For the record, you have complete control of what set of *.pc files
>> the build-host pkg-config executable finds using the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>> environment variable.
>
> So when running pkg-config for the target I should set the env. variable
> before that to /home/alex/target/usr/lib/pkgconfig/ ?

Yes.

> Will it then skip /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ ?

No.  However, I notice another environment
variable documented in the pkg-config man page called PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR which

"Replaces the default pkg-config search directory."

I haven't tried that (since for my needs I want pkg-config to fall back to
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/ if it cannot find what it needs in PKG_CONFIG_PATH), but
it sounds like PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR (or that variable in combination with
PKG_CONFIG_PATH) might give you the absolutely clean result that you want.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).