[CMake] CMake 2.6.0 Beta ready for testing!

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Apr 2 09:12:35 EDT 2008

Doug Gregor wrote:

> IMHO, the best way to do this would be to have the app be CMake.app
> (installed directly in /Applications), then create a symlink called
> cmake-gui that can used from the command line.

I still like having a version numbered folder for CMake.

It would be:

/Applications/CMake 2.6.0/CMake.app
/Applications/CMake 2.6.1/CMake.app

Then when the command line tools are created it would create the symlink
to cmake-gui.  Of course the symlinks would only be able to have one of
the installed tools in a directory like /usr/local/bin.  I checked and
this is not uncommon with commercial software. For example, quicken uses
this strategy (/Applications/Quicken 5.x/Quicken.app).  I will try and
get to this at some time before 2.6.0 is finalized.

-Bill