[CMake] Nonstandard architectures.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 27 09:53:28 EDT 2007

On 27.09.07 15:36:11, Mathias Froehlich wrote:
> On Thursday 27 September 2007 11:33, Dizzy wrote:
> > In your example, the native arch it's x86-64 or x86? And then you are
> > compiling for a target x86 or x86-64?
> The native arch is x86-64. And I compile for x86-64. The native archs libs
> will be in */lib64 instead of the usual */lib paths.

Just to state the obvious: Thats backwards compared to what distro's
have these days. */lib is always the native libs and then you have
either lib64 or lib32 (at least AFAIK, don't have any 64-bit system)

> But cmake looks in */lib
> directories where some x86 libs are present that are not present for the
> x86-64 case.
> The question here is even worse - which one is the native one?? lib or lib64??
> And which ones should cmake accept?

I think there's a way to tell CMake to either use lib or lib64,
something like LIB_SUFFIX.

Andreas

--
What happened last night can happen again.