[CMake] How to call make program

Nikita V. Borodikhin nikita at pictures.uniqueics.com.ru
Thu Sep 27 03:09:58 EDT 2007

Hi,

CMake searches for make program while configuring and stores its path
in CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM variable but I need to call it myself to build
the project. There are no problems if my PATH environment contains
make's path but in some cases it doesn't.

For example, MinGW programs are searched via Windows registry so CMake
knows where the are. But to compile my project I have to specify full
path to make to build project:
   E:\Temp\bin> C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make
In other workd _I_ need to know where MinGW's make resides despite of
CMake knows it already.

Is there any way to call the make program found by cmake indirectly by
calling cmake? Something like 'cmake -E exec ${CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM}'?

Regard,
--
Nikita V. Borodikhin, NIKB-RIPN BNV7-RIPE
Registered Linux user #256562 with the Linux Counter