[CMake] Question about CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX

Joachim Ziegler ziegler at mpi-sb.mpg.de
Wed Sep 26 05:11:30 EDT 2007

Dizzy wrote:
 > So, do you have the target file
"/KM/usr/ziegler/ExGen/cmake/build/src/CMakeFiles/CMakeRelink.dir/startCompletionServer"
?

In src/, I have the target

ADD_EXECUTABLE(startCompletionServer StartCompletionServer.cpp ${BASEFILES})

 > If yes do you have write privileges in /usr/local/bin so you can
write/install files there?

No, I do not have root privileges and I do no want to install something
into /usr/local. I want to install the target into the bin/ directory of
the build tree.

The problem is somehow that the variable CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX isn't used
correctly, though it has the desired value, as output by MESSAGE().

Joachim