[CMake] Re: build types

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Sep 23 15:07:33 EDT 2007

On 23.09.07 20:50:48, Christian Buhtz wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> >You can't. You specify the build type during cmake-time, using
> >-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug|Release|... And thats quite ok
>
> So I need to create makefile like this:

No. CMake will create the makefiles it needs. You just need to use two
different builddirs for building release and debug versions.

As I tried to explain earlier, CMake is not a tool to describe how a
Makefile should look like (just in another tongue), but its a tool to
describe how you want to build your library or application. CMake then
generates files for various buildtools, like make, Visual Studio and so
on, which are understood by those buildtools and will call the compiler
in the way you want it.

Andreas

--
Your supervisor is thinking about you.