[CMake] recursive shared library dependencies?

Dusan Zatkovsky msk.conf at seznam.cz
Wed Sep 19 07:27:42 EDT 2007

Hi all.

I have a question about library dependencies in cmake projects on linux.

Let's see an example:

PROJECT ( foo )
ADD_EXECUTABLE ( foo_bin foo.cpp )
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES ( foo_bin ssl )

When I am building a project by "make" command, it produces output like this:

Scanning dependencies of target foo_bin
Building CXX object foo.o
Linking CXX executable foo_bin

... and everything is right.

But on "make install", it does linking again (why?) with error caused by
missing libcrypto functions. Why libcrypto isn't automatically used, when
libssl depends on it?

Now I must write complete (external) library dependencies to TARGET_LINK
command for successfull build and it is tiresome.

What am I doing wron?

Thanks for help.

---
Dusan