[CMake] Creating a static lib from other static libs, HOW?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:27:21 EDT 2007

On 9/18/07, Juan Sanchez <Juan.Sanchez at amd.com> wrote:

> Even with Brandon's solution, I don't think ar let you add multiple .o
> files of the same name in the archive.

I'm going to guess you meant, "Even with Brandon's solution that
doesn't use AR, you can't add multiple .o files of the same name to a
library."  I'm not sure about that.  When I pass CMake objects to a
library, I provide qualified pathnames, so I don't know if the name of
the object file matters.  You can't have multiple function
definitions, but that's about the code, not the object files.  I've
not had to deal with this issue myself.  You'd need to try my way and
see what happens.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every