[CMake] Trouble changing C/C++ compiler, CMake reverts my choice

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Sep 7 16:03:38 EDT 2007

Hi all,

CMake 2.4.7 finds gcc on my machine and everything works fine.  However,
I also have installed a different version of gcc but when I point CMake
to it (by changing CMAKE_C_COMPILER and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER) the change
is reverted after I do 'configure'.  I'm sure the path is correct.  No
error message is given.  Both versions of gcc work fine outside of CMake.

What is going on?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com