[CMake] SELinux and plugins

David C Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Wed Sep 5 15:28:16 EDT 2007

Hi all,

	I am curious whether CMake has any facilities for setting SELinux
security contexts on targets (and other files) when they are INSTALLed.
With SELinux enabled and enforcing, libraries built with the MODULE
keyword -- and *all* of their dependent shared libraries -- should have
a context of "system_u:object_r:lib_t" set with the chcon program.
Otherwise, programs won't be able to load the plugin with dlopen. I've
witnessed this behavior with mysqld on Fedora Core 6.

	Thanks,
	David

--
David Thompson, MS 9152                (925)294-2537
Sandia National Laboratories           dcthomp at sandia.gov
Distributed Visualization Systems 8963 Bldg/Rm 915/N144
PO Box 969, Livermore, CA 94551-0969