[CMake] re: OpenGL woes

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 18:23:30 EDT 2007

On 10/31/07, pingu <pingu at moonstruckgames.com> wrote:
> I've downloaded sample projects with OpenGL and those run fine. I can copy
> and paste that code into a new project and it won't compile, giving me
> linking errors. I've got the NVidia SDK and their sample programs run fine,
> so I'm certain OpenGL works on my PC.
>
> I'm using MCVS 2005 and my efforts aren't working. I'm trying this under
> Vista, but I can imagine the same error occurring on XP (and maybe my Linux
> partition).

Better not to imagine.  Is the problem specific to Vista?  There's a
CMake elevation problem with Vista, although I think that would
prevent CMake from doing anything at all.

> Don't make me do DirectX instead. :P

I tried to use MinGW with that once.  Someone had a MinGW package on
DevCpp and some pages of hackery.  It didn't work.  Not sure what it
would require.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every