[CMake] disabling the cache

KSpam keesling_spam at cox.net
Wed Oct 31 17:00:38 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 31 October 2007 13:37:04 Jesper Eskilson wrote:
> Ouch. My cmake files are unreadable enough without an added 3 lines here
> and there checking if the cache entry needs to be replaced or not.

A custom macro or two could clean the files up quite nicely.

> BTW: Are there any plans of fixing the broken regeneration for Visual
> Studio? Or at least documenting it as known problem? As it is now, the
> project files are regenerated but not reloaded, and there is no feedback
> that the new project files aren't used for the build.

All of my coworkers use Visual Studio 2005, and it properly indicates when
project files need to be reloaded.  In fact, it is quite an annoyance when
you have dozens of project files that are modified by CMake, and you have to
manually say "Yes" to reloading each and every one of them.  Of course, this
is no fault of CMake, as its job is to simply generate the project files.  I
would like to see Visual Studio handle reloading project files a little more
eloquently.

This sounds to me like a specific setting on your Visual Studio install.  I
believe that there is a setting in Visual Studio that can ignore externally
modified files or automatically reload them.  Perhaps you are unknowingly
using this setting.

Justin