[CMake] Linking OpenGL in Win32

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 16:30:49 EDT 2007

On 10/31/07, pingu <pingu at moonstruckgames.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to get OpenGL linked to my project for a fair while now,
> and still not any closer to getting to done. FindOpenGL doesn't seem to work
> (or I could just be using it improperly) and nothing I do will allow me to
> use OpenGL. I'm absolutely sure I have it installed on my computer. I just
> can't get it to properly link.

So you can build and run a sample OpenGL app without CMake?  What
compiler, build, environment, and OS?

On Windows, when I encounter a problem such as this, I try it under
every different compiler environment.  MSVC, Cygwin, MinGW with
Command Prompt only, MinGW with MSYS.  If any 1 of 'em works, then
probably what means is, the guy who wrote the FindOpenGL or whatever
was using that platform and not your platform.  So there just hasn't
been enough testing on the other platforms.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every