[CMake] disabling the cache

Jesper Eskilson jesper at eskilson.se
Wed Oct 31 11:47:42 EDT 2007

Bill Hoffman wrote:

> OK, so you want to disable the rerun of CMake, not the cache.  That can
> be done with the CMAKE_SUPPRESS_REGENERATION variable. (set it to TRUE).

Yes, I know how to use this variable.

> You should never have to "clear out the cache".

If I make a change in CMakeLists.txt which should cause a (cached)
variable to change its value, don't I have to delete the cache for the
new value to be calculated?

Say that I use FIND_PROGRAM() to locate a program. If the program has
moved, how can CMake know that the value in the cache has to be
recalculated?

--
/Jesper