[CMake] disabling the cache

Jesper Eskilson jesper at eskilson.se
Wed Oct 31 10:45:55 EDT 2007

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Jesper Eskilson wrote:
>> Hi people,
>>
>> Is there a way to disable the CMake cache, i.e. prevent CMake from
>> generating or reading CMakeCache.txt?
>>

> No.
>
> But, it might help more if you gave an explanation of what you are
> trying to do?

The first problem is that the Visual Studio generator fails to properly
rerun CMake when CMakeLists.txt. It reruns CMake, but the modified
projects files are not reloaded before continuing with the build.

The second problem I have is that my users (the other people in my
development team) don't know when they have to rerun CMake and/or remove
the CMakeCache.txt file. If rerunning CMake from inside Visual Studio
worked, half the problem would be solved, but there is still the problem
of knowing when you need to clean out the cache.

--
/Jesper