[CMake] Qt version of Cmake

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 12:14:26 EDT 2007

On 10/26/07, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:

> I'm sure the volunteer will decide what he does and what he doesn't do.

Hope he decides well.  Open Source benefits from completed work.

> > > -it would be cool if it would be a widget in a library or plugin so that
> > > other programs can use it
> >
> > I'd want to hear more about why that's going to be useful.  Sounds
> > like a waste of time.
>
> Other apps (IDEs) could potentially embed it.

I'm guessing you'd have to deal with the culture of each major IDE
crowd in order to get people to swallow it.  They may not like a
"Frankenstein" plugin.

How would the IDE make greater use of it, than the user already does?
Having 2 apps open during development is not a big deal.  A plugin is
only worth something if it communicates "better" somehow.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every