[CMake] MinGW broken on Vista

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 16:45:19 EDT 2007

On 10/25/07, Gonzalo Garramuño <ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar> wrote:
> Brandon Van Every wrote:
> > If you try to run CMakeSetup with MinGW on Windows Vista, and you get
> > a screenful of errors including a line:
>
> For vista you *probably* want a 64-bits mingw, not the 32-bits one.

Why would I want a 64-bit MinGW on a 32-bit Intel Core Duo?  And why,
from a deployment standpoint, would I expect anyone else to have it,
given that 32-bit is what's available from http://www.mingw.org ?

> Or a cross-compiler that runs on linux.

Why?  I'm running Vista.

> Google is your friend.

But I don't think you're my friend because you give me terrible advice

More seriously, I spent several hours doing the due diligence and
going up the learning curve.  I presented my findings to the CMake
community so that others might be spared the hassle.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every