[CMake] target path, or post build event?

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 11:52:51 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

First off, thanks for helping me with this.

All the exes/libs I want to move will be built by CMake, in a post
build event situation (ie. I generate the solution files/make file via
CMake, open them in vc++, build the exes/libs, then want to move them
to C:\test for example after done building).

If I use the:

    INSTALL(TARGETS ${cmaketestTarget} DESTINATION ${dest})

that means the built exes/libs will only go to that 1 folder, right?
They will no longer appear in their default build location - I'd like
to have them appear in both.

So I think I have to use the INSTALL (FILE) method as you guys
suggested before, it looks like I just have to do something like:

    SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX,  "C:\test");

then build the INSTALL project everytime to make sure it copies the
files there for me. Is that about right?

Thanks,
Mark