[CMake] CMakeSetup requires elevation on Vista

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Thu Oct 25 09:30:14 EDT 2007

Brandon Van Every wrote:
> On 10/23/07, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
>> The fix is in CVS CMake, but you have to build CMake with VS 8.  The
>> next release of CMake will have this fix in it.
>
> Is VS8 a temporary or permanent requirement?  If permanent, are there
> guards to keep people from building CMake with earlier versions of VS?
>  I don't think we want a proliferation of Windows .exe's.

Don't do that.  People like myself are still compiling from source under
VS7.1 and have no plans to upgrade to VS8.  Are you working for
Microsoft these days, Brandon, that you want to force a U$1500 upgrade
on people ? :)

I don't see anyone else other than www.cmake.org distributing cmake
binaries, so there's not likely going to ever be a proliferation of
windows .exe's.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar