[CMake] Problem building fortran project on Windows using Intel Fortran 10 compiler

Marie-Christine Vallet mmvallet at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 24 18:26:56 EDT 2007

Dunlavy, Daniel M wrote:
> Here is a copy of the CMakeLists.txt. I do not believe that anything
> below ENABLE_LANGUAGE(Fortran) is causing the problem, as CMakeSetup is
> choking on the Fortran tests run as a results of that command. I cannot
> generate a VS8 solution. Also, when I put the Fortran libraries in the
> directory where the TRY_COMPILE command is testing the Fortran source
> from CMakeTestFortranCompiler.cmake, I do not get the error.
>
> Thanks,
> Danny

> ---
> ENABLE_LANGUAGE(Fortran)
>
> SET(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS TRUE)
>
> SET(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${epetra_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake")
> #FIND_PACKAGE(LAPACK REQUIRED)
>
> FIND_LIBRARY(BLAS_LIBRARY blas DOC "Path to the BLAS implementation")
> FIND_LIBRARY(LAPACK_LIBRARY lapack DOC "Path to the LAPACK
> implementation")
>
> # Setup configuration options
> IF(WIN32)
> 	SET(F77_FUNC "(name,NAME) name ## _")
> 	SET(F77_FUNC_ "(name,NAME) name ## __")
> ELSE(WIN32)
> 	SET(F77_FUNC "(name,NAME) name ## _")
> 	SET(F77_FUNC_ "(name,NAME) name ## _")
> ENDIF(WIN32)

Where do you set the project properties? I have a project which uses
fortran and c and I do not use ENABLE_LANGUAGE(Fortran) I just declared
the project like this:
    project ( myprojectname Fortran C)
and it knows it is supposed to use Fortran
By the way when you set up your F77 func name aren't those supposed to
be according to the compiler used?
something like
IF (  CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER MATCHES "ifort")

	SET(F77_FUNC_ "(name,NAME) name ## __")

ELSE(CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER MATCHES "ifort")

	SET(F77_FUNC "(name,NAME) name ## _")
ENDIF(CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER MATCHES "ifort")