[CMake] Create framework library bundle under Mac OS X

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Oct 24 14:06:36 EDT 2007

The Framework support in CVS CMake is best understood by examining the
file "CMake/Tests/Framework/CMakeLists.txt" .

The support is still very basic and simple: shared library targets
with the FRAMEWORK target property can be built and used as
frameworks. One shared library with the property yields one framework.
Many yield many...

There is not presently an easy way to make a framework that contains
many libraries.

The INSTALL command has also been updated to have a FRAMEWORK
DESTINATION for proper installation of built frameworks.

More documentation will be added to CVS CMake itself and to the Wiki
before this feature is in an official CMake release.

Keep asking questions on the list if you run into any issues.

Thanks,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.