[CMake] Native Pathsupport under Windows

alexander at camek.de alexander at camek.de
Tue Oct 23 08:26:16 EDT 2007

Hello List,

I need to use under windows the buildin commands of the shell. But when I run these commands they doesn't work correctly, because the windows commands doen't like the slashes (/). It seems to me that they want to get backslashes (\).

A example:

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(OUTPUT ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/image.h
                   COMMAND copy ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINRAR_DIR}/image.h+${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/test.h ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINRAR_DIR}/image.h)

Then the shell says:
copy C:/Projects/build/image.h+C:/Projects/build/test.h C:/Projects/build//image.h
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

Do i the same in a command line with normal windows backslashes in paths, then everything is fine.

BTW. I do that with the buildin copy, because in the documentation at file(append) there is a note which says, i am not allowed to use the generated file as an input. But i need that generated file to compile my lib.

1. Is there a possiblity to get backslashes instead of slashes as paths?

2. Maybe is there a better way to solve that kind of problem?

Thanks for all your help

Greetings

Alexander