[CMake] environment variables and visual studio

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Tue Oct 23 04:40:36 EDT 2007

> No, I can't. The reason I don't generate them is that they have to be
> portable since they are shipped to customers as a part of an SDK, and as
> I understand it the project files CMake generates are not
> portable/movable (due to absolute paths, etc).

You can generate relative paths with the following switch
CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS.
We managed to have portable generated projects that we can ship. After
the CMake pass it should be no difference between a generated project
and a manually constructed project. In fact CMake assure that the
projects are consistent since it's an automated process, I encourage you
to use CMake for all your projects.

--Sylvain