[CMake] Re: Hyperlinked indexed reference?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Oct 22 14:35:02 EDT 2007

On 2007-10-22 10:20-0300 Fernando Cacciola wrote:

> I read in a DDJ article that each command returns its own documentation.
> (And cmake.exe builds up the single-page doc based on that).
>
> Assuming that's true (I haven't seen any source code), isn't it somewhat
> simple to extend the pattern so that each command outputs also an HTML
> friendly documentation entryr?
>
> Something like:
>
> command->get_documentation_html_anchor();
> command->get_documentation_html_entry();
>

> The first would return "<a href="#command_id>Command</a>" line, to be put in
> a list on the top of the html document.

> EXPLANATION</p>"
>
> It shouldn't be so difficult to add that based on the current documentation
> function.. is just a matter of adding the HTML formating.

Right now, you can generate html documentation using

cmake --help-html

However, there are no internal links in the result when referring to any
command, and I agree those would be nice.  If you understand how to
implement those internal links, then I suggest you submit your
implementation patch as a wish-list bug item.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).