[CMake] Changing VS2005 Configuration

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Mon Oct 22 04:22:13 EDT 2007

> When I change the build-configuration using VS2005 the file is modified:
>
> [snip]
> {another_id}.Debug|Win32.ActiveCfg = Release|Win32
> {another_id}.Debug|Win32.Build.0 = Release|Win32
> [/snip]
>
> When I run cmake from scratch and change these two terms manually with a
> text editor, VS2005 starts in "Debug" configuration for the solution and
> "Release" configuration for the specific project (just as desired).
>
> What do you think about this?

Hello,

You're right it is a feature of Visual Studio, I did not think about
this because I don't like the fact that you can mix up debug and release
builds into a "Debug" configuration.
You should fill a request feature in the mantis base. The feature is
some kind of command that can associate a logical configuration with a
physicial configuration, something like:
VS_CONFIGURATIONS(
    Debug Release
    Release Release
)