[CMake] CMake2.5 - wrong default install location for mingw

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 10:48:56 EDT 2007

On 10/21/07, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> The only case where I would
> accept /usr/local as the default for make install for msys, is if
> someone made a native msys version of cmake that linked to the msys run
> time.  That would be a cmake used for creating other msys applications
> that would install into /usr/local for msys.

And the only people who need that, are the MSYS developers themselves.
 Or people who want to subvert the policies of the MSYS developers and
go their own way, har har har!  Open Source is never having to say
you're sorry.  Anyways, before bothering to create a "MSYS CMake," it
would best to ask the MSYS developers what they want.  I predict they
will tell you they want no such thing.

> Perhaps it would help if you explained your use case.   Your original
> email said that the install overwrote your MSVC version of your
> software.

My memory is he said it overwrote his MSVC version of CMake.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every