[CMake] Trouble with CMake + Eclipse + SVN/CVS

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:39:22 EDT 2007

I am just going to chime in again with my "it is good enough" setup.
While all the kinks in the CDT generator get worked out you can
"STILL" use the normal Makefiles generator  (Mingw for Windows) and
tell Eclipse that you have a "Makefile" based project. If you set you
global preferences in Eclipse to always setup a Makefile based
project with a build command of "make -C ${project_loc}/Build" and
you bootstrap the process by creating the "Build" directory and then
running cmake from that directory at least ONCE, then Eclipse seems
just fine.
    This seems like a lot of work but literally only takes a minute
to get a new project going, even ones I check out from CVS/SVN. Until
the CDT project generator is stable and works 100% of the time I'll
stick with this process. If you have time to work on all these issues
then great, I look forward to testing your changes sometime.  Until
then, Eclipse + Makefies works just dandy.

Cheers
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer