[CMake] Trouble with CMake + Eclipse + SVN/CVS

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:56:50 EDT 2007

2007/10/17, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com>:
> I do "B" all the time without CVS problems at all. Then again, I have
> CMake just produce makefiles and manually setup a "Makefiles" based
> project in Eclipse. Too many headaches any other way.

I do that too when needed.
The trouble is it clashes with the CMake hypothesis of
separate source tree from build tree.

For doing that properly CDT4 CMake generator should break
this hypothesis and output
the .cproject/.project in the source tree and not the build tree....

You would accept to have those particular files in your source tree
but not "others" generated files like CMakeCache and the like :=)

It IS annoying I agree but I don't really know if I want to break
CMake build/source tree separation rules.

--
Erk