[CMake] ctest timer question

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Tue Oct 16 12:37:48 EDT 2007

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, so please inform
me if there is a better list to post this question to.

I'm starting to use ctest to submit some tests to a dart server.  One of the
nightly tests I run is a benchmark test.  The execution time in the dart display
doesn't match the actual run time reported by my test to stdout.  The dart times
vary wildly whereas the times reported by my executable are identical.

I know that Dart provides a way to graph a reported value over time (it does
this with the current test run time), and I was wondering if there was a way I
could grab the stdout from my test, get the value I need and submit that to the
dash board.

Currently, my test looks like this:

ADD_TEST(DefaultSceneNoDisplayBench ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/bin/manta "-nodisplaybench")

My current drop method is "xmlrpc".

Thanks,
James