[CMake] Inherit problem with MSVC views

Tal Blum tblum at bbn.com
Tue Oct 16 10:02:33 EDT 2007

I am running into a difficulty implementing a Linux/Windows MSVC project.
How do you reconcile MSVC ability to view the project through different
views (via different solution files) and cmake requirement that there be
only one CMakeFiles.txt file per a project? I tried to implement several
solution files through the cache by specifying a variable, but this has the
disadvantage that when I choose another value for the variable are rerun
cmake, this changes the CmakeCache.txt and the previous solution file
changes as well. Sure I can use different builds directories for the
different solution files, but that would require rebuilding the projects
many times. Does anyone have any suggestions?