[CMake] Changing VS2005 Configuration

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Fri Oct 12 04:37:36 EDT 2007

> Hello,
>
> I am using Visual Studio 8 and cmake 2.4p7 and am trying to set the
> configuration for a specific project to 'Release'. So I added
>
> SET(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Release)
>
> to CMakeLists.txt and ran cmake. The Visual Studio configuration manager
> still lists all projects in 'Debug' configuration.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

You're doing nothing wrong. Current selected configuration is stored in
the user file (.suo) which is a binary file. It is then impossible for
CMake to generate this kind of parameter. But I guess you only need to
set the default configuration only once because CMake won't overwrite
the user file.

Otherwise if you don't need the other configuration types you can try
the trick proposed by Josef.

--Sylvain