[CMake] Re: CMake, CPack, RPM

Wed Oct 10 17:47:49 EDT 2007

OK, so... if I use the built in RPM generator it will generate an RPM.
 It isn't clear to me what ends up in that RPM aside from the files in
the manifest -- no dependencies seem to be mentioned.

Using UseRPMTools.cmake to try and generate a source RPM doesn't work
so hot. You can only make a source RPM if there's a package 'cmake' in
the RPM database apparently. If you haven't installed such an RPM (and
I'm not sure who installs CMake from an RPM) you're SOL, even if you
do have CMake installed and available.

Which is kind of a cart-before-horse situation.  Obviously you have
CMake installed, if you're using CMake to build the RPM.  On the other
hand, you probably should require CMake as a prerequisite.

This particular program requires ITK, VTK, KWWidgets, (header and
libs) and CMake (executable) at a minimum for a source distribution.
For a binary distribution you don't need CMake, but you do need all
the SO Libraries from ITK, VTK, KWWidgets.  Not sure how I'd put that
into the spec files.

 make ImageEval_srpm
CPack: Create package using TGZ
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Install directory: /scratch/kent/temp/slicer/ImageEval
CPack: Compress package
CPack: Finalize package
CPack: Package /scratch/kent/temp/slicer/ImageEval-build/ImageEval-1.0.0-Source.tar.gz
generated.
error: Failed build dependencies:
	cmake is needed by ImageEval-1.0.0-1.i386
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/ImageEval_srpm] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/ImageEval_srpm.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ImageEval_srpm.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [ImageEval_srpm] Error 2