[CMake] adding dependencies on all targets to force CMake to rerun itself

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Oct 10 12:40:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a text file that is read in via a CMake macro that dynamically
adjusts the include paths, preprocessor definitions, and link
directives.  CMake automatically rebuilds the code as needed which is
wonderful.

One issue I haven't solved yet is modification of this text file doesn't
force CMake to run itself again.  I was wondering if anyone would have
any ideas how to do this.

Basically I have something like this but I want all targets in the build
to depend on changes to foo.txt so that CMake runs itself again.

MACRO(Foo)
	FILE(READ ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/foo.txt contents)
	... define variables for include path, directory recursion,
            etc., that get used later
ENDMACRO(Foo)

--
Philip Lowman
Sr. Simulation Development Engineer, Modeling and Simulation Technology