[CMake] How can I avoid the addition of Debug/Release to the link path?

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Tue Oct 9 12:27:03 EDT 2007

> This has to be this way, or the cmake generated projects will not be
> able to find
> libraries in other projects of the same build type.  Can someone
> explain the issue
> with this?   We are using this for VTK and several other larger
> projects, and
> it works fine.
>
> -Bill
Ok I understand but library files are not necessary in
"$(CONFIGURATION)" folder, they can be in "$(CONFIGURATION)/subfolder"
for instance.

I think it should not be hardcoded because the paths where the libraries
are can be anything.

It should be handled like this I guess:

LINK_DIRECTORIES( my_path_debug, my_path_release, ....)
LINK_LIBRARIES(DEBUG my_lib_debug OPTIMIZE my_lib_release)

The librairies should have different names but this is often the case.

--Sylvain