[CMake] Version embedding - how to cause a command when make is run?

Juan Sanchez Juan.Sanchez at amd.com
Fri Oct 5 13:25:22 EDT 2007

Ok,

My code was for demonstration purposes only.  Of course there are more
generic ways to process the information, perhaps even using CMake itself.

A google search reveals that the last line from "svn status -q " is
often used to get the latest revision number.

In the search for knowledge, it is often beneficial to start with the
particular solution, and then work ones way up to the general solution.

I had missed the part about checks being executed at build time versus
ccmake time.  In that situation, I would suggest having cmake abort
rather than update.  Otherwise you may run into a situation where the
files change underneath cmake, and cmake doesn't know this has occurred.

Regards,

Juan