[CMake] Building both make files and visual studio files.

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Mon Oct 1 09:43:39 EDT 2007

Josef Karthauser a écrit :
> Hello again,
>
> I'm wondering what the best way to going about producing make files and
> visual studio files at the same time is.  I want to use nmake to build
> my tree, but want visual studio project files so that the developers can
> continue to with within the visual studio environment, which would call
> the make as an external build tool.
>
> Does anyone do anything like this?  I'm really new to cmake, and so am
> still working out the ropes.  I apologise if this is a really obvious
> question.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

You'll have to run cmake twice, once for generation the makefiles, and
once for generation the Visual Studio files.
The Visual Studio project should be of type Makefile (and not
Executable, Shared library etc...).
But I don't know how to generate a project with the Configuration Type
setting to "Makefile". Maybe using the Configuration Type "Utilitiy" it
is possible.
Anyone know how to achieve this ?

--Sylvain