[CMake] CMake Documentation (CMake CVS)

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:39:36 EST 2007

2007/11/28, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:
> On Wednesday 28 November 2007, Mike Jackson wrote:
> > Has anyone started a QtAssistant version of the CMake Docs? I was
> > thinking of spending some time trying a few things but I don't want
> > to start something that is already done, or at least farther along
> > than I am..
> >
> > I built the cvs cmake this morning and nothing really jumped out at
> > me as having been done.
>
> How about a docbook generator ?
> Docbook can be converted to many formats.

And why not to use Doxygen?
Doxygen supports a pretty good set of output format:
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/output.html

Since we talk about documentation which is currently
embedded in the source code doxygen is good at extracting
doc from code.

Using it's lazy grouping features:
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html#cmdaddtogroup

I did not have a look at how CMake doc is currently generated
and you speak a "Docbook Generator" meaning that you want
to _generate_ docbook doc from currently embedded doc?

--
Erk