[CMake] CMake with Lua Experiment

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:04:59 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 4:25 PM, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com> wrote:

> How about we give the cmake developers some time to address some of
> the shortcomings of CMake BEFORE we toss the baby out with the bath
> water...

Sounds good to me.  Let's see where CMake is 6 months from now, with
respect to scoping and documentation.

While ruminating over Lua, I ran into cmake-promote arguments about
Lua from almost 2 years ago.  Something about a Lua front end for
SCons called "Hamster."  Well, it's 1 guy's effort, it's GPLed, and
the project page doesn't have any online documentation.  CMake may be
lacking in some areas, but it's worth considering where the
competition is at.  So I went to SCons to try to find the old "SCons
vs. everybody else" page, and I found the bit in the FAQ about it
being based on Python 1.5.2.  I wonder if SCons loses Pythonistas
because it uses an old Python?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every