[CMake] CMake with Lua Experiment

Juan Sanchez Juan.Sanchez at amd.com
Tue Nov 27 15:50:13 EST 2007

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007, Juan Sanchez wrote:
>> How about?
>>
>> cm_add_library{"simpleLib STATIC simpleLib.cxx simpleCLib.c simpleWe.cpp"}
>
> Are you sure putting it all in one quoted string will make getting the quoting
> right simpler than it is now ?

Please remember the context:
On Nov 27, 2007 2:32 PM, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com> wrote:
> cm_add_library{"simpleLib", "STATIC", "simpleLib.cxx", "simpleCLib.c",
> "simpleWe.cpp"}
.
.
.
.
> Now I'll see if we can get rid of all those pointless quotes.

I was specifically talking about the lua api and offer suggestions
concerning Brandon's dislike for quotation marks and commas.  Of course
cmake's current language is simpler.  The goal of course is to have a
language which is well documented, popular, self-consistent, and not
home-made.

Of course, I'd much prefer Tcl, but everyone else hates it.  However, if
Lua takes off, it will be much better than what we have now.

Juan