[CMake] Difference between ADD_SUBDIRECTORY and INCLUDE

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Nov 20 16:51:53 EST 2007

Use ADD_SUBDIRECTORY when the subdirectory has a CMakeLists.txt file.

Use INCLUDE to include *.cmake script files (that find files, libraries or
programs, for example, or perhaps that contain macros independent of the
directory, or that have common SET statements that you need in more than
once place...)

Does that help?