[CMake] Win32: INSTALL command fails to package .dll, packages .lib

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Nov 16 10:00:58 EST 2007

>From the help for the INSTALL command:    (cmake --help-command INSTALL)

    For DLL platforms the DLL part of a shared library is treated as a
    runtime target and the corresponding import library is treated as an
    archive target.  All Windows-based systems including Cygwin are DLL
    platforms.

The dll part of the shared library will be installed in the RUNTIME
DESTINATION. The lib part will be installed in the ARCHIVE DESTINATION.