[CMake] CPack on Win32: "cannot find sutable ZIP program"

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Nov 15 06:21:25 EST 2007

By default, on Windows, CPACK_GENERATOR is set to "NSIS;ZIP".

You can do this...:
SET(CPACK_GENERATOR "NSIS")

...prior to INCLUDE(CPack) ...if you are only interested in the NSIS
installer.

If you install the WinZip command line tools, CPack will find that and
additionally make a zip file of the "make install" tree in addition to
building the NSIS installer.

According to this thread:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2007-June/014690.html the 7-Zip
zip program should also work if you are using CVS CMake. (The 7-Zip support
is not in CMake 2.4.x)

HTH,
David