[CMake] Cmake on Leopard wtih Xcode2.5

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Nov 14 18:19:44 EST 2007

On 11/11/07 12:33 PM, Mike Jackson said:

>This is because Apple now supports loading the developer tools where
>ever you want them instead of always in /Developer. This is going to
>play havoc with Cmake because I am assuming CMake is hard coded to
>look in /Developer for the dev tools.

Examining the CMake source reveals that it does indeed have some
hardcoded /Developer paths.

>I wonder if there is an
>environment variable that can be set to indicate where the dev tools
>are installed. CMake could then use that environment variable to

The $DEVELOPER_DIR env var that you mentioned only seems to work from
within Xcode.  If you open Terminal and type 'printenv' it is not
there.  Pity.

>figure out which Dev tools you want to use. Apple did this because
>they also now support multiple versions of the Dev tools on a single
>system. For instance, in Leopard (OS X 10.5) you can have both Xcode
>3.0 and Xcode 2.5 installed.

from the 'xcode-select' man page: "-print-path Prints the path of the
current Xcode folder. This is a recommended way for scripts and other
tools to locate the current Xcode folder."

On my machine it gives:

$ xcode-select -print-path
/Developer

Anyone have time to file a CMake bug?