[CMake] INSTALL destination directories

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 17:24:04 EST 2007

Mike Jackson wrote:

> Relative to ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}, which is set when you run ccmake or
> CMakeSetup. The user can set this to what ever they want. It defaults to
> /usr/local on Unix and C:\Program Files\Name of Project on Windows

Right. In that case, I think I misunderstood the use of INSTALL. Ihas
thought that the install step was essentially a half-way house to
packaging up the deliverables using CPack. It looks rather more like
INSTALL generates the "make install" target, for installing locally
after completion of a build.

--
Regards

Steve Collyer