[CMake] How to redirect output (.o file generattion) in specific directory

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 05:57:27 EST 2007

2007/11/12, Amit C. Kr. Saluja <aksalujaa at yahoo.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> If anybody could guide me about, How to redirect .o
> files in user defined directory?
>
> I am setting CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR to "../obj" but
> it is generating targets in ~/src/*.o

You cannot change CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR

> Can anybody enlighten?

If you want to separate your sources files from generated files
(be it .o or lib or executable)
you'd better use out-of-source build which is well supported by cmake

mkdir /path/to/build_tree
cd /path/to/build_tree
cmake /path/to/source/tree

You must remove CMakeCache.txt and other CMakeFiles/
from your source tree first.

You may change the generation location of EXECUTABLE and LIBRARY
by setting:
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH

see more on http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables