[CMake] Single line crashes cmake

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sun Nov 11 19:58:19 EST 2007

Joseph Garvin wrote:
> What version of cmake are you running? Running from the cmd prompt I got
> the same crash with no error output. If there's a newer version
> available, where can I get it? I'm running 2.4 - patch 7. Also, I get
> the crash even if the file is just this without the message part:
>
> FILE(GLOB BLITZ_TMP "C:/" "blitz-[0-9].[0-9]")
>
> So I don't think the crash is caused by the MESSAGE() line.

I have reproduced the problem.  It seems to be fixed in CVS CMake, but
not in 2.4.7.  The work around is to use the correct arguments to
file(glob).

 From the docs:
   file(GLOB variable [RELATIVE path] [globbing expressions]...)

So, it thinks your globbing expression is:

"C:/"

Try this:

file(GLOB BLITZ_TMP RELATIVE "C:/" "blitz-[0-9].[0-9]")

-Bill