[CMake] Dart and tests

Vitor Vasconcelos Araujo Silva vasconcv at loria.fr
Fri Nov 9 10:38:11 EST 2007

	Hello guys,

	Sorry to disturbe you with a probably simple subject, but I got lost
with too many information.
	Let's start:
	I have my set of CMakeLists.txt to all project working fine. Now I want
to send my tests to a Dart sever creating my dashboard. I have my
Mastering CMake opened in session 8.7 (Producing Test Dashboards) and
the first thing it says: INCLUDE(Dart).
	At this moment, I have in my browser:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Testing_With_CTest

	and

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Scripting_Of_CTest#CTest_Scripting

	The Testing with Ctest wiki says me to include CTest. This was my first
point of confusion. No problem, I just followed the reply from Alexander
Neundorf (Thanks Alexander!) and included CTest.

	After make sure my CMakeLists.txt works fine without INCLUDE(CTest),
after include it I got the following messages:

-- Cannot determine repository type. Please set UPDATE_TYPE to 'cvs' or
'svn'. CTest update will not work.
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/local/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CTestTargets.cmake:6:
FILE problem creating directory: /Testing/Temporary
Current CMake stack:
[3]     /usr/local/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CTestTargets.cmake
[2]     /usr/local/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CTest.cmake
[1]     /users/qgar/vasconcv/work/Qgar/qgarlib/vitorsuite/CMakeLists.txt
CMake Error: Could not open file for write in copy operation
/DartConfiguration.tcl.tmp
CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/local/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CTestTargets.cmake:20:
CONFIGURE_FILE Problem configuring file
Current CMake stack:
[3]     /usr/local/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CTestTargets.cmake
[2]     /usr/local/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CTest.cmake
[1]     /users/qgar/vasconcv/work/Qgar/qgarlib/vitorsuite/CMakeLists.txt
-- /usr/local/lib/libqgar.a
--
-- FreemanChainTest.cpp
-- GenArcTest.cpp

	I didn't tried before the "ccmake". I have both CMake 2.4.3 and 2.4.7
in the same server and as ccmake was not built in the newer version, I'm
trying to avoid to use it *supposing* it's deprecated.

	So, I have these 4 errors (as long as I understood the message):

	1) problem to create a temporary directory
	Well, I'm using my account and I have permission to write on it. So, I
don't understand why I got this error.

	2) Cannot open file for write (DartConfiguration.tcl.tmp). Where is it
supposed to be written?

	3) Ok, permission problem...

	4) And a problem to configure file.

	I guess all errors are related to the same problem, this permission I
must give to cmake to write the files it needs. So, can you clarify what
directories CMake needs to access (open and write)? I'll need to explain
that to my system admin.

	Going far, after having my CMakeLists.txt working fine, with
INCLUDE(CTest), what are the steps to generate and send information to
Dart Server? The Mastering CMake says is enough to do: ctest -D
Experimental. Is it enough? I'm supposing here to send to the default
Dash server without any customization.

	Thanks a lot guys and hope I could explain well in english...

--
	Vitor VASCONCELOS
	Projet QGAR