[CMake] default CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE under Windows??

Ronan Collobert collober at nec-labs.com
Thu Nov 8 15:33:30 EST 2007

Hey,

   I am using CMake under Linux/MacOS X/Cygwin and lately with
Windows+Windows SDK (cmake -G "NMake Makefiles")

On all platforms, I used to set a default myself to CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE if
the user did not.

Unfortunately, on Windows with NMake, CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is set by cmake
to "Debug". (A simple CMakeLists.txt containing the line
MESSAGE(${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}) is enough to check that on your own
system). Weird. I cannot put my own default. Any comments on that?

(I am using the last cmake 2.4.7 .exe archive available for download)

Thanks.
Ronan.